Treatment of Ataxia is very challenging earlier due to a large number of its potential causes. However, because of its effectiveness and providing good results without any complications and side effects, Stem Cell Therapy in India for Ataxia has been proved as an effective novel treatment approach.
What is Ataxia?
Ataxia is a genetic disorder that involves a lack of muscle coordination affecting limb movements, eye movements, balance coordination, walking, speech, and swallowing. Ataxia patients have problems with coordination because parts of the nervous system controlling balance and movement are also affected.
What are the types of Ataxia?
Ataxia could be acquired, inherited or if the cause remains unknown then idiopathic also.
Inherited Ataxia which is caused by getting genetic fault from either or both of the parents. This type of ataxia is passed on through generations and are caused by single or multiple genes failures.
Acquired Ataxia caused by the damage to the spinal cord or brain due to any injury, disease or exposure to toxic drugs or long term consumption of alcohol.
Idiopathic Ataxia covers all the other ataxias whose cause remains unknown, it is also called cerebellar ataxia.
What are the symptoms of Ataxia?
Ataxia patients may experience problems with independent living quality and daily routine activities. Patients usually notice the problem with balance and coordination which could further lead to frequent stumbling and gait impairment.
Later on, with the progression of the disease, the patient may experience following symptoms-
- Frequent Stumbling
- Unstable Gait
- Flawed Eye Coordination
- Imperfect Hand Coordination
- Repetitive Eye Motion
- Uncontrolled Eye Movement
- Change in Voice
- Stutter Speech Quality
- Difficulty with concentration
- Heart Problems
- Problem in swallowing
- Difficulty in Chewing
- Vision Dysfunction
How to diagnose Ataxia?
Most people are unaware of Ataxia and may ignore the early symptoms of the disease. Proper evaluation by a neurologist has to be done in case of progressive imbalance or gait. Scans like MRI are also helpful in diagnosing the condition. If the exact cause of the disease is not found, in that case, a gene test has to be done, which can help in determining the ataxia type.
What are the treatment options for Ataxia?
There are many conventional treatments for Ataxia that can only pacify the symptoms, but not the actual disease. Most of the patients go for multidisciplinary care including a combination of physiotherapy, occupational therapies, rehabilitation and medications which can help in lowering down the damage to the body due to the ataxia which could be temporary but ignoring the main cause of the disease again.
Thanks to recent medical research and studies, it has been proved the Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia has been successful in helping patients to cope up with their symptoms and also treating the actual cause of the symptoms by healing the main injury causing the ataxia.
Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia
Stem Cell Treatment for Ataxia is the only promising treatment method that can help in repairing the lost motor neuron functions associated with brain damage. Recent case studies have shown that stem cell therapy for cerebellar ataxia can deliver significant improvements and remarkable results.
How effective is Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia in India?
Since 2000, we have been working on providing comprehensive stem cell therapy protocols for ataxia to reduce the drawbacks of other conventional therapies. We offer stem cell therapy combined with other occupational therapies that can help the patients to confront their existing symptoms of ataxia and at the same time our stem cell treatment for cerebellar ataxia in India also address the direct cause of the ataxia symptoms by healing the actual damage or injury.
Our treatment protocol for ataxia helps in reversing the symptoms of ataxia by regaining the actual loss of neurological function which was caused by the degeneration of cells. Stem Cells can regenerate the damaged cells inside the body, leading to the reduction in the symptoms and improving the quality of life of the ataxia patients.
What Is The Cost Of Stem Cell Therapy For Ataxia In India?
Stem Cell Therapy is a very convoluted treatment modality. As the cost is not regulated in most of the parts of the globe for stem cell therapy, people from across the world prefer India as it has become the hub of medical tourism for highly affordable stem cell therapy. The treatment cost here is significantly less of what it would cost in the western countries along with the waiting period and very expensive logistic cost.
Average Cost of Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia in India start from $5000 to $8000. In European countries cost approx. $20,000 - $30,000. However, in India, it will cost you almost 75 to 85 % less than that.
The cost of stem cell therapy in India depends upon various medical factors like the type of stem cell treatment, number of stem cells required, present condition of the patient, types of hospitals and doctors, pre-treatment investigations, etc.
What Is Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia Success Rates in India?
The comprehensive success rates of Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia in India is approx. 80% – 90%.
After stem cell therapy for Ataxia, the patient gets significant improvements and excellent results. So far, we have observed that around 90% of the patients who are treated using Stem Cell Therapy have shown well-improved.
Expected Improvements after Stem Cell Therapy in India for Ataxia
Due to neurotrophic, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects of Stem Cells and their ability to activate the neovasculature formation, the clinical improvements after getting Stem Cell Therapy in India for Cerebellar Ataxia are as follows –
- Improved Balance & Coordination
- Improvements in fine motor skills
- Improved Speech Quality
- Enhanced Limb & Muscle Strength
- Reduced Fatigue
- Reduced Tremors
- Better Motor Function
- Improved Swallowing and Eating practice
- Reduced Neuropathic Pain
- Better Mental Vigilance
- Improved Hand Functions
- Good Ambulation
During the clinical case studies of our previously treated 20 cerebellar ataxia patients, they have shown more than 95% improvements in the overall existing symptoms of ataxia.
Why Choose Us?
For over a decade, we have been successfully delivering the most effective treatment method for managing ataxia, that too without any side effects, risk, rejection or any kind of surgery. We follow very unique, simple, easy to understand, and patient-friendly steps towards providing the Best Stem Cell Treatment for Ataxia in India as follow –
Evaluation and review of patient's medical reports and case history
Recommending the best suitable customised Low-Cost Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia in India
Counselling the patient and their families and explaining to them about the treatment and expected improvements
Providing the Best Stem Cell Treatment for Ataxia
Achieving desired results and improvements post-treatment
Providing comprehensive post-treatment discharge plan for quick recovery
- Mesenchymal stem cells as a potential therapeutic tool for spinocerebellar ataxia.
- Stem and progenitor cell-based therapy of the central nervous system: Hopes, hype and wishful thinking. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5310249/
- Clinical analysis of adult-onset spinocerebellar ataxias.
- Brain and induced pluripotent stem cell-derived neural stem cells as an in vitro model of the neurodegeneration in ataxia-telangiectasia. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23598976/
- Effect of stem cell treatment on functional recovery of spinocerebellar ataxia: systematic review and meta-analysis. https://cerebellumandataxias.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40673-021-00130-8
- Mesenchymal stem cells and conditioned media in the treatment of multiple sclerosis patients: Clinical, ophthalmological and radiological assessments of safety and efficacy. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5698713/
- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy assisted by nanotechnology: a possible combinational treatment for a brain tumour and central nerve regeneration. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31534331/
- Disorders of the cerebellum: ataxia, dysmetria of thought, and cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15377747//
- ‘Medusa head ataxia: the expanding spectrum of Purkinje cell antibodies in autoimmune cerebellar ataxia. Part 1: Anti-mGluR1, anti-Homer-3, anti-Sj/ITPR1 and anti-CARP VIII. https://jneuroinflammation.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12974-015-0356-y
- Cerebellar ataxia: torque deficiency or torque mismatch between joints?