what is Vitiligo ?
Vitiligo is a skin condition which causes loss of pigment that results in irregular white patches on the skin. People of all age group can be affected by it.
It is a disease that causes the loss of skin colour and form blotches. The severity and rate of colour loss from vitiligo are uncontrollable. It can affect the skin on any part of your body. It also affects hair, the inside part of the mouth and even the eyes can be affected by this condition.
Usually, the colour of hair, skin, and eyes is due to melanin. Vitiligo occurs when the cells that produce melanin die or stop functioning.
Vitiligo can affect people of all skin types and condition, but it can be more noticeable in people with darker or brown skin colour. This condition is not life-threatening or contagious but it can be stressful or make you feel bad about yourself having this condition. Treatment for vitiligo may cause improvement in the appearance of the affected skin but does not cure the disease.
Types of Skin Vitiligo:
There are mainly 2 different type of white skin vitiligo disease.
Nonsegmental Vitiligo, also known as optional bilateral vitiligo, vitiligo vulgaris and generalized vitiligo.
Segmental Vitiligo, also known as optional unilateral vitiligo.
Sign and Symptoms of Vitiligo:
The main sign of vitiligo is a loss of color (pigment) that produces light or white colored patches on the skin. Generally, the discoloration first appears on sun-exposed areas, like the hands, feet, arms, face, and lips.
Vitiligo Signs Are As Follows:
- Loss of pigmentation in Skin causing discoloration
- whitening or graying of the hair on your scalp, eyelashes, eyebrows or beard (usually before age 35)
- Loss of pigments in the cells and tissues that line the inside of your mouth and nose (mucous membranes)
- Loss of pigment or change in color of the inner layer of the eyeball (retina)
- Discolored patches around the area like armpits, navel, genitals, and rectum
Vitiligo can start developing at any age, but most often appears before the age of 20. on the condition of vitiligo you have, the discolored patches may cover following parts of the body:
- Many parts of your body. This is the most common type of vitiligo, called generalized vitiligo, the discolored patches often progress similarly on neighboring body parts (symmetrically).
- Only one side or part of your body. This type of vitiligo is called segmental vitiligo, tends to occur at a younger age, it progresses for a year or more, then stops.
- One of only a few areas of your body. This type of vitiligo is called localized (focal) vitiligo.
It's difficult to predict when and where your disease will progress. Sometimes the patches stop developing without any treatment. In most cases, pigment loss develops and eventually involves most of your skin. in the rarer cases, the skin gets its color back.
Risk of Vitiligo May Be At Increased:
- Social or psychological stress
- Sunburn and also skin cancer
- Eye problems, such as inflammation of the iris (iritis) and itching
- Hearing loss
- Side effects as a result of treatment, such as dry skin and itching
When To See A Doctor
Go to your doctor if areas of your skin, hair or eyes lose pigment. Vitiligo has no cure. But treatment will help to stop or slow down the discoloring process and return some pigment to your skin.
Vitiligo occurs when melanin-forming cells (melanocytes) die or decrease the production of melanin — the pigment which gives your skin, hair and eyes color. The patches of skin become lighter or white. Doctors don't know why the cells fail to produce pigment or die. It may be related to:
- An autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks and destroys the melanocytes in the skin
- Family history (heredity)
- A trigger trauma, such as sunburn, stress or exposure to industrial harsh chemicals
Stem cell therapy work for White Skin Vitiligo
The main vision and symptoms that affect a person with vitiligo is the loss of color (pigment) which produces some light or white spots on the eyes. Early signs of color loss and discoloration usually appear in areas exposed to light, such as the arms, legs, ears, ears, and lips.
Vitiligo Stem Cell Therapy is performed in India under expert supervision by a knowledgeable and well trained team of doctors.
Stem Cell Therapy in India provides the cost effective stem cell treatments for a wide variety of diseases. Vitiligo stem cell therapy is the most effective treatment for a disease that appears to be life-threatening or incurable.
Improvement after Stem Cell Treatment for Vitiligo
Vitiligo can affect people of all skin colors and conditions, but it is most common in people with darker or browner skin.
While the disease is not life-threatening or contagious, it can be uncomfortable and make you feel worse for developing it.
Vitiligo stem cell transplantation in India can enhance the appearance of infected skin.
How Much Does the Cost Of Stem Cell Therapy For Vitiligo In India?
Stem cell therapy is a very complex treatment method. As the cost of stem cell therapy is not controlled in most parts of the world. People around the world love India as it has become a hotbed of medical tourism for its highly affordable stem cell therapy. The cost of treatment here is much lower than in western countries, as well as waiting periods and very expensive logistics costs.
The approximate Cost of Stem Cell Therapy for Vitiligo in India ranges in between $4500 to $8000. In other European countries cost approx. $22,000 - $25,000. However, in India, it will cost you almost 75 to 80% less than that.
The therapy cost depends upon various medical factors like the type of stem cell treatment, number of stem cells required, present condition of the patient, types of hospitals and doctors, pre-treatment investigations, etc.
Success Rates of Stem Cell Therapy for Vitiligo in India
The success rates of Stem Cell Therapy for Vitiligo in India is up to 70% to 80%.
After stem cell therapy for Vitiligo, the patient gets significant improvements and good results. So far, we have observed that around 85% of the Vitiligo patients who are treated using Stem Cell Therapy have shown relief in pain, Improved balance, headache is gone, Improvement in Sensorimotor symptoms, equilibrium problems are gone, No confusion or slurring in speech, etc.
Advantages of Spinal Cord Injury Treatment at Stem Cell Therapy Center in India:
- Minimum hospital stay
- Long lasting results
- We Provide Counselling Prior to your travel, We help you in selecting Top Hospital with Best Stem Cell Therapist.
- Our experts help hundreds of patients find the Best quality Of Economic Stem Cell Therapy in India.
- No Waiting Time and Best services from Top Hospitals in India Immediate consultation, complete Hospitality experience, medical counselling & Nursing till discharge from Hospital.
- We Arrange assistance for travel documents, including passports and visas & Provide Best Accommodation and healthy Food Facility within the Prescribed Package.